Decoder for yEnc

Marty1 09:12 21 Dec 05

I use Outlook Express on my XP equipped PC but I now need a yEnc decoder for use with news groups. I see there are some free decoders available to download. Do these work with/within my Outlook Express or replace it? If the latter, can I revert back to Outlook Express if I want to and do they allow all the same functions of e-mail etc that I have with Outlook Express?

Confab 16:09 22 Dec 05

I would try something like this click here Its better than OE for newsgroups and supports yENC plus other features.

I'm sure you can donloan a 30 free trial

Marty1 09:27 23 Dec 05

Thank you for your reply Confab but I have some others in mind too; I take it they all replace OE then and don't work with it? If so, can I then revert back to OE later?

Sibbo 18:17 26 Dec 05

Newsreaders are standalone programs and do not replace Outlook Express. You will use them purely to read and download from Newsgroups.

Marty1 08:15 27 Dec 05

Thank you Sibbo, will give them a go then

Marty1 08:15 27 Dec 05

Tick in box

unilog 15:10 31 Oct 08

If you just want to encode or decode a single file from time to time try using an online tool like click here - work's for me and it's OS independant.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…