Decoder for Wmp11

birdface 20:37 26 Nov 06

Where can I download a Decoder that will work on Wmp11, I should have added a free one, All the good ones you have to pay ,Have downloaded a few codec packs, and can get a crap picture,Any place you can download one of the good ones, even on a trial period,I think it should be included with Wmp11 or is Microsoft trying to be mean.Either that maybe the man in the red suit might send me one for Xmas.

GaT7 20:47 26 Nov 06

Plug-ins for Windows Media Player click here

Free AVS DVD Player click here

You can get an older version of PowerDVD for next to nothing from eBay & some online stores. G

birdface 21:04 26 Nov 06

Hi, Already had a look at the plug-ins,But could not see any free ones in there,The DVD Player one I will keep for the future,To tell the truth I am a bit Pi--ed of with Microsoft, Why do they let you download something that you are not able to play,Only downloaded it , so the grandaughter could watch some of her DVDs while we were watching her,And yes the ones in e-bay although cheaper, Not the price I want to pay,Thank you for your help, it was appreciated.

skidzy 21:12 26 Nov 06

Hi Buteman

Sorry do not know anything about this one click here

May help you out.

GaT7 21:16 26 Nov 06

PowerDVD for just £2 - 2.25 (hopefully within your budget!):

v5 £1.98 click here & click here (you may get it at that price)

v5 £2.19 (buy it now) click here

v6 £2.25 (buy it now) click here

G

Technotiger 21:23 26 Nov 06

Hi, I use XP Codec Pack, videos show fine on my WMP11.

click here

birdface 21:38 26 Nov 06

Hi Skidzy,Tried that one of yours,acctually quite a few on there, Will have a look at them all in the morning, Many Thanks,And to Crossbow7 thanks for your input.But cant pay with Paypal.

birdface 21:54 26 Nov 06

Hi what sort of pictures do you get with that, It was meant for WMP Classic and thats a golden oldie,Downloaded almost identical one a fortnight ago, And although I could wath it on WMP11 It was not a great picture ,and the sound was very Quiet, The one I had was Xp Codec Pack 2.0.5 your one is 2.0.6 so there is a difference,Will think about it, And maybe give it a try, Will see if there are any more that i can try first, Many thanks.

De Marcus™ 22:01 26 Nov 06

Your welcome to a full retail copy of PowerDVD 5 if you want it. I've upgraded to version 6 so it seems a little wasteful for me to keep it.

Yellow envelope if it's any good.

Technotiger 22:16 26 Nov 06

Hi, in fact I use Codec Pack 1.3.3 pics/sound are v.good, but there are later ones -

click here

Strawballs 22:21 26 Nov 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…