Decent photo printer

Kernow999 20:05 11 Sep 03

I am sorry if this has been discussed before but can anyone recommend a good value-for-money printer for photographs? I am looking to get a digital camera and will want to print off my own results. Thanks

andyhuz 20:13 11 Sep 03

Depends how much you want to spend of course, but I have recently bought the Canon i850 and I`m extremely pleased with it. Print quality is excellent and very quick with it. An A4 colour print will only take about 45 secs on photo quality settings !

Andy

-pops- 20:44 11 Sep 03

Just thinking: will an in-decent photo printer only print naughty pictures?

To the point. Almost any mid-price, mid-range printer will give you good results nowadays and your question could produce as many replies as there are models of printer - it's very much a personal thing.

Avoid cheap printers where you have to fiddle around swapping cartridges before you can print colour. Also, cheap printers are often very expensive to run.

Avoid very expensive printers as the advantages offered seldom justify the extra expense.

£60 - £150 should get you a very suitable printer for what you want.

Leejg 20:46 11 Sep 03

Just bought the Canon i550.
Its produces great pictures on glossy paper, is very quiet and fairly quick too. Very impressed.

wags 20:57 11 Sep 03

I'm with andyhuz. I have a Canon i850 and it is excellent. Very fast, high quality prints with individual ink tanks. I would say that around £150 is a sensible budget for a quality printer, especially if you are serious about digital photography.

Kernow999 21:03 11 Sep 03

Pops, I like your style!

Thanks guys for your comments

y_not 21:23 11 Sep 03

More than the printer.......fool that I am I have been really disappointed with the results from my Epson Photo 890.

After nearly a year my niece asked me if I would print some photos for her. I said I'd have to get some more photo paper cause I was nearly out. She kindly offered to get it for me (nice girl).

Two days later she returned with a wad of Epson glossy photo paper. My eyebrows raised - "come into some money then?" I enquired. "No! I bought it at Mackro"

For the very first time I ran the printer with Epson paper and ........ WOW! What a difference!

Seems that good pictures need good paper - a variation on your question but I hope it helps produce pictures to be proud of.

-pops- 21:36 11 Sep 03

"I like your style!"

One of the few here that does!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced