decent photo editing prog required

worcesterman47 08:46 25 Nov 08

hi ..i am looking to find a decent editing programe for photos especially..the type of thing i want to do is to (for instance)use a picture of mt fav fotball team ( spurs !! ) & remove a players head and then replace it with the head of my grandson..then print it off so as it looks like he is in the team :)..hope you understand what i mean....many thanks in advance

Technotiger 08:54 25 Nov 08
  Eric10 10:17 25 Nov 08

Gimp 2 has a freehand selection tool and layers that would make this possible and it's free. click here

MAJ 10:59 25 Nov 08

Yes I agree with Eric10, GIMP is excellent for that type of thing.

Seth Haniel 14:48 25 Nov 08

I use for the very thing
lassoo tool etc,.

should find it free now on some cover disks

David4637 15:03 25 Nov 08

THE BEST is Photoshop either Version 7 or greater (price is resonable for this version), or Elements - £50 odd. You CAN NOT beat either if you want to do digital enhancements of photos. You will have a learning curve, but that applies to the other S/W mentioned above. David

woodchip 16:05 25 Nov 08

Don't and cannot ever see PSP being on cover discs again. It been bought by Coral some years ago. You may get a old version off the Net

john bunyan 16:26 25 Nov 08

I do not know the other programmes but if, long term , you get serious about photo enhancing, then it may be an idea to start with David4637's reccomendation of Photoshop (Elements?, latest version) . If ever you upgrade to the complex CS3 or CS4 the main features will be familiar.

Pineman100 18:38 25 Nov 08

It's the definitive photo editing software. The full professional version costs hundreds of pounds, but Photoshop Elements has just about everything that the amateur user could want or need.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…