decent laptop

musiclady 12:47 31 Oct 09

im looking for a decent laptop for around £350 any ideas

mooly 12:52 31 Oct 09

Screen size ?
Battery life... is that important ?
Weight ? Does it matter.
Storage, do you need a large HDD or not.
DVD playback requirements ? Blueray ?

Loads to choose from really... depends what you want it for really ?

musiclady 12:55 31 Oct 09

? to windows 7, read ups for ti aint brill, got a laptop with vista on and a desktop with xp prefer the xp for stablity,Screen size 15" 160hd 2 gig ram

musiclady 12:57 31 Oct 09

for my daughter for xmas so not bothered about blue ray, cos then ya looking at silly money for the laptop

sheila.weston 13:00 31 Oct 09

I am very please with my Toshiba 17" Satellite L350-171, bought last March from John Lewis (2 year guarantee). I use it for storing and playing with over 100G of photos and website creation, mainly, apart from emails and family history research. I keep it in one place.

Be warned that most/?all LTs are partitioned, so that when the label says 500Giga, the HD is partitioned into 2 x 250 Giga, one partition being intended for the data and the other for programs etc.

musiclady 13:10 31 Oct 09

bit too much to pay for it for a 14 yr old i think, im looking at £350

mooly 16:57 31 Oct 09

Our Morrisons have emachines ? I think, which got a pretty good write up for £279 15.6inch, 160 gb from memory but only 1 gb RAM (easily and cheaply upgraded) running Vista HP which is good and super stable :) if it isn't it's something you have done ;)

Use Microsoft security essentials new freeware full security package and you won't go far wrong IMO.

Technotiger 17:02 31 Oct 09

Price includes VAT and Free delivery.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant