Debug the Internet, why?

TechMad 10:05 20 Aug 03

2 months ago, I installed a C++ compilier program on my computer. Since then I haven't been on the internet once, where the computer hasn't asked me if I want to debug a website that I am viewing. If I say no to the message box, the webpage either fails to load or displays the page without background colours and fonts other than Times New Roman. However if I say yes, I am given the option to use a Debugger, but there aren't any to chose from.

How do I get out of this?

Taran 21:49 20 Aug 03

Open up Internet Explorer, click on Tools, click on Internet Options, then select the Advanced tab.

About four menu items down in the Browsing settings list is an entry that you can tick which says 'Disable script debugging'. CLick to tick it, click on Apply then OK.

Close and then re-open IE.

Job done.

Some debuggers embed themselves into your Windows shell in a very aggressive manner, so the above is not always 100% successful, but it should sor things out.

If it has no effect, reply to that effect and one of us will help further.

Regards

Taran

TechMad 10:46 21 Aug 03

Have a good day Taran

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…