How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…
Debugging: Why & How?
I have spent a lot of time searching this topic but I have not gotten too far. Am I the rare person to have this problem? Surely not! I will number items for easy reference. I now must try alternate sources to sort out my problem.
1. I first noticed this problem when I went to Start>Search>Files & Folders. A Debug dialogue box would appear. Tried everything but I could not debug. This does not happen when I Search>Documents.
2. Does this Bug affect other parts of my OS? I have not been able to successfully complete a System Restore. It had always been “Incomplete” restore, i.e. no restore whatsoever. I had hoped that I could get back to a good condition again, but this method did not work.
3. I used Anti-virus, Ad-aware, Spybot S&D, a-squared, all clean. Sfc /scannow, Safe Mode Boot:Last Known Good Configuration to no avail. (I have a OEM-pre-installed XP Home and so I have no disk, on a HP computer. So please do not suggest I use my XP installation disk! A very sore point!)
4. I had earlier tried out MS Office 2003 trial suite, and then Uninstalled it when the trial period was over. I read that it is a known fact that Office suite is associated with DCOM access denial problems. (Or something like that!) Whether this is connected to my problem, I do not know? Or it could have been another program that has corrupted my system.
5. When I tried to Debug via the Safe Mode, my system tried to download a debugging program but failed time and again. Do I have this program in my XP program or is it another independent program?
6. Last night I stumbled upon a program called “Visual InterDev 6.0 Debugging Tool” Is this what I need to download? How will it work? I assume that it will be intuitive?
7. As I have had little response to my previous posting, I am hoping that this spells out my problem a little more precisely in order for me to receive some assistance? Thanks!
The Internet Options advanced were already set as you have recommended. I had assumed that it was script debugging. Is there another type of debugging? Unfortunately, my problem still persists.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.