mbp 13:58 15 Jun 04

Debugging: Why & How?

I have spent a lot of time searching this topic but I have not gotten too far. Am I the rare person to have this problem? Surely not! I will number items for easy reference. I now must try alternate sources to sort out my problem.

1. I first noticed this problem when I went to Start>Search>Files & Folders. A Debug dialogue box would appear. Tried everything but I could not debug. This does not happen when I Search>Documents.
2. Does this Bug affect other parts of my OS? I have not been able to successfully complete a System Restore. It had always been “Incomplete” restore, i.e. no restore whatsoever. I had hoped that I could get back to a good condition again, but this method did not work.
3. I used Anti-virus, Ad-aware, Spybot S&D, a-squared, all clean. Sfc /scannow, Safe Mode Boot:Last Known Good Configuration to no avail. (I have a OEM-pre-installed XP Home and so I have no disk, on a HP computer. So please do not suggest I use my XP installation disk! A very sore point!)
4. I had earlier tried out MS Office 2003 trial suite, and then Uninstalled it when the trial period was over. I read that it is a known fact that Office suite is associated with DCOM access denial problems. (Or something like that!) Whether this is connected to my problem, I do not know? Or it could have been another program that has corrupted my system.
5. When I tried to Debug via the Safe Mode, my system tried to download a debugging program but failed time and again. Do I have this program in my XP program or is it another independent program?
6. Last night I stumbled upon a program called “Visual InterDev 6.0 Debugging Tool” Is this what I need to download? How will it work? I assume that it will be intuitive?
7. As I have had little response to my previous posting, I am hoping that this spells out my problem a little more precisely in order for me to receive some assistance? Thanks!

Jackcoms 14:27 15 Jun 04

Are you talking about script debugging?

If so, in IE go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and tick the Disable Script Debugging box.

mbp 15:13 15 Jun 04

The Internet Options advanced were already set as you have recommended. I had assumed that it was script debugging. Is there another type of debugging? Unfortunately, my problem still persists.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…