Debug Dump Files

trying 16:19 10 Aug 06

On using Disk Cleanup,Windows XP home, last week for the first time, it shows Debug Dump Files 523,823K. I am not sure if I really should delete these files in the disk cleanup?
Also it shows for the 1st time Compress old files 1,266,189. I'm not sure about these files
and deleting them?
Iv'e been on Microsoft site and it doesn't seem to have info onthe Disk Cleanup.

Help!!!!

gudgulf 16:39 10 Aug 06

The debug dump files are error reports and information relating to the content of your RAM memory when you have a Blue Screen or other system error.

They are what you will send to Microsoft if you choose to do that after any pc crash.

You don't need to keep them and can safely delete them as and when you like.

As for "old" files...these are files and folders on your syatem that have not been accessed for a period of time......compressing them is a way of reducing the space on the hard drive they take up.You can still access them if you need to but they will need to be decompressed before thay can be read, which will slow the computer down a little bit.Not worth doing unless you are getting short of space on your hard drive.

DO NOT DELETE THESE "OLD" FILES......

They are all most likely needed or essential files.Such as the vast majority of ,say your MP3 collection which has not benn played for a few weeks,or important saved documents or mail.

trying 16:49 10 Aug 06

Many thanks gudulf, Have asked a few neighbours and they have not heard or have any info about these type of files. On reading your reply I think it's most likely the Microsoft Word Program
Should have contacted helproom in the first place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…