//some 3rd party need geo

Debris of old program

Glen 22:03 20 Aug 03

My Packard Bell computer came with a bundled version of Norton Antivirus 2000.When this malfunctioned I uninstalled it, hoping to re-install it from the "Master Cds" supplied with the computer. I have been unable to re-install it, and am left with two annoying reminders. Firstly the boot-up stops with a DOS page saying "cannot find a device file that may be needed to run windows or a windows application." It is named as "Progra\Norton\NAVAP.VXD" and "press any key to continue". Booting up then continues, but a pop-up appears that must be cancelled "The Norton antivirus auto-protect Driver could not be loaded. Your system is not protected from viruses. Please re-install Norton Anti-Virus."
If I could totally eliminate these, I might try the "AVG Anti-Virus free edition" on the cover disc, as I feel re-installation might start the trouble all over again. Can anyone help?
Glen

Jester2K II 22:05 20 Aug 03

Goto this page click here=

Scroll down to "To uninstall NAV by using the Rnav.exe removal utility"

Download the utility and run it. It'll clean up after a messy N-AV uninstall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…