Dear F.E... What's the matter with PCA ??

AngeTheHippy 17:57 05 Sep 04

For the past couple of days or so, this site has been soooo slow, I feel like I'm having flashbacks to when I was on dial-up...8D

Anyone else experiencing this?

AngeTheHippy
x

stalion 18:16 05 Sep 04

I beleive we are all getting it regularly at the moment best for F.E. to give you an answer

smokingbeagle² 18:29 05 Sep 04

Would it help if all the people (inc. me) who sit with the forum minimzed, while they do other things, actually logged out?

Lionheart ? 18:45 05 Sep 04

From what I have read, PCA are changing to a dedicated server, they are doing this while the forum is still live, so expect this is part of the slowness.

bremner 18:45 05 Sep 04

As I understand it the servers are being migrated and/or upgraded.

Whilst this is occuring the forum is experiencing some difficulties.

There have been so many postings regarding the slowness and error messages that I think there is a certain degree of frustration over the continual complaining.

I think we have all got to understand that this is almost a unique site, in that it is free and receives so many 'hits' that keeping it running is a massive task to say the least.

We all find it annoying when we can not get on or find it taking minutes to refresh / access pages, but what we all need is patience.

It will get better I'm an absolutely sure.

AngeTheHippy 18:50 05 Sep 04

well answered. Thought it might be something like that, normally far, far quicker. Anyway, thanx PCA for being such a bl***y good site!!!

AngeTheHippy
xx

CHAIRLEG 18:55 05 Sep 04

Must be in the minority faster here than it's been for days

Salinger 19:01 05 Sep 04

...erm, click here

stalion 19:08 05 Sep 04

clicked your link and got nothing!!!

Salinger 19:16 05 Sep 04

Works for me, slow though!

spuds 19:16 05 Sep 04

Changing server click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…