Dealing with cookies.

Meshuga 15:59 13 Jul 03

While browsing I have just found that I have 826
cookies. Do I need these and if not, how do I get rid of them please. I have tried highlighting some and deleteing but am told that some are needed for other purposes. I know that Index
should not be deleted but surely the others take up space. Any explanation for a novice please.

jazzypop 16:04 13 Jul 03

Open Internet Explorer, select Tols > Options > Delete Cookies.

Each one takes up about 4KB of space (depending on your hard drive file system) - really not worth worrying about, in terms of wasted space.

graham√ 16:08 13 Jul 03

Delete them all, download 'Cookie Wall' and let the good ones back in click here

Terrahawk 16:09 13 Jul 03

cookies are designed so a site can recognise you when you return, however if you have passwords saved on sites such as this one make sure you know user names and passwords before deleting.
To delete open internet explorer go to the tools tab click on it select internet options then select delete cookies

mammak 16:15 13 Jul 03

Hi Meshuga, adding to what these good people have said they can sit away in the background doing no harm, but depending on what site,s you vist you can pick up some troublesome tracking cookies,so as everyone else has said delete them, but as Terrahawk said keep note of your, user names and pass words, regards Mammak

Meshuga 16:20 13 Jul 03

Thanks to Graham, Terrahawwk and Jazzypop.
Have just tried explorer-options but it does not show Delete Cookies, only delete internet temporary files. Regards Meshuga.

Meshuga 16:24 13 Jul 03

Furthur to my previous post, I should have said
I`m using Win ME, does this affect it. Meshuga.

Jester2K II 16:26 13 Jul 03

Only if you are NOT using Internet Explorer 6.

Internet Explorer 5 does support this.

Jester2K II 16:27 13 Jul 03

Sorry to clarify. Only IE6 Supports this Cookie button.

Jester2K II 16:27 13 Jul 03

Supercleaner click here can delete selective cookies and clean the Index.dat too...

Meshuga 16:40 13 Jul 03

Thanks Jester2k 11. As I Have ME and not IE6 I`ll try using Supercleaner. Many thanks to all who responded. Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…