dead/ stuck red pixel

im not happy, i just bought a widescreen monitor to replace my 2 trusty novatech's own 20.1" screens, and im regretting it! if you use 2 screens it's hard to get used to 1. the pc is used mainly for games and i wanted 1 big screen instead of playing in windowed mode or on 1 screen only.
games look and run perfectly im really impressed..... however, i find sunglasses help when trying to use the the pc for normal stuff the white is simply painful anyway i can live with that i suppose, my problem is smack bang in the middle of the screen is a red pixel, you only see it when the screens black, but i know it's there. i have tried massage, tapping, pressure whilst powering up and dan's pixel fixer for 2 hours which did nothing. having given my other monitors away im kind of stuck with it. has anyone had any sucess fixing one of these or is it a case of living with it?
thanks.

Probabilitydrive 20:14 02 Nov 07

What make is the monitor? Samsung operates a zero dead pixel guarantee. The rest - between 3 to 5 dead pixel.

My Nec Multi-Sync 21 inch has a dead red pixel top left corner, somewhat out of the way. I'm afraid I've given up trying to fix it. Many of the 'dead pixel' software fixes apparently can do more harm than good to the monitor.

Graham. 20:15 02 Nov 07

If it's brand stonking new, ask for a replacement. If you bought online/phone or paid by credit card, you have more options.

A dead pixel in the centre is not acceptable.

pchelper001 20:42 02 Nov 07

apparently you have to have more than 4 dead pixels for some companies to replace the product. im living with three at the moment, im waiting for the fourth and it will be straight back to comet. Good luck with a fix!

well thats it it wasnt expensive and evryone i speak to seems to have 1 or 2, one guy has 3 on a £900 monitor, i suppose it's the size, it's just the cheap and cheerful screens i had before didnt seem to have any, however this screen is very black and the pixel is red it only shows on boot, i would hate to send it back and have another with more pixels, i guess im probably being a bit nit picky. anyway thanks for the replies. it's one of these (badged as hitachi)click here

looks like im stuck anyway click here
sorry for the pun!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5