Dead printer

Rich84 20:36 27 Apr 03

I have what has been a very reliable workhorse printer for everyday printing (very cheap ink), the EPSON Stylus Color 440. Sadly it seems to have died on me. I would be very grateful for any suggestions on ressurection:)
I have tried all the normal troubleshooter suggestions, reinstalled drivers and related software, used cleaner cartridges, replaced both cartridges, but all to no avail.
Symptons: The document is sent to the printer, it then behaves exactly as it would to print the document (the print head moving freely and consistent with the document), but no ink comes out. It makes no odds whether colour or B&W document. Any thoughts?
PS I run Win98

Totally-braindead 20:40 27 Apr 03

It may be the print head, sadly if it is then RIP, you're better buying a new printer. I was quoted £150 for a new print head for my Epson when it passed away. Bought a new Epson 680 for £60

Rich84 20:51 27 Apr 03

Totally-braindead
Is there any way I can tell for sure if it is the print head?

bobbyc 21:39 27 Apr 03

440's are well known for the print heads to get blocked. you have tried the cleaner cartridge that is always the best bet.but use of cheap cartridges often leads to this prob .
the only thing left to try is to take out the cartridges and put a few drops of cd lens cleaning fluid into the heads then replace the cartridges and run the head cleaning utility
hope this works for you . 440's are a bit old now but were good . time for a new one if this wont work
good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…