Dead pixel on laptop screen mabye?

mammak 20:35 14 Jun 06

Hi on my Acer Aspire 3003LMi laptop that is six months old
for about two months had on the screen what looked like a dead pixel a tiny shiny dot
but it has now just gone!

Do you think it was a dead pixel?

If so can they just fix themselves in this manner not big a problem just curious?

as this baby is my pride and joy and is looked after like a baby.

mammak 20:38 14 Jun 06

Oh yeh and the reason i came to the helproom is if it reapears should I be worried and is there anything I can do ?

woodchip 21:01 14 Jun 06

They are allowed so many dead ones. Even new

Stuartli 21:05 14 Jun 06

There's nothing you can do with regard to replacing the laptop or even the screen - one dead pixel wouldn't be regarded as warranting such action.

There are utilities available to try and get rid of dead pixels on TFT screens etc - try Googling for one.

GaT7 21:17 14 Jun 06

"...but it has now just gone" - it may have been a speck of dust.

If still present, see if you can find it with the free Dead Pixel Locator click here. G

mammak 21:51 14 Jun 06

Thanks all was not going to go as far as to replace under warrenty or anything that drastic was only curious!

Crossbow7 thanks also will give that a shot and get back to you thanks again all.

SANTOS7 22:15 14 Jun 06

click here
the notebook buyers guide in the link will give you the dead pixel policy and a wealth of other info regarding lappy's..

josie mayhem 00:02 15 Jun 06

when people have quirred about dead pixels on there TFT screens. it has often been suggested to try with a slightly damp contton bud, apply sight pessure in a circle motion to see if you can kick start it into motion....

It could be that because TFT screens are a grid of contacts that creates the pixel, then by rubbing the screen in this way, could rejoin the contact that is failing???????

SANTOS7 00:19 15 Jun 06

Well thats got to be the tip of the month, few people here click here
tried and tested.
nice one josie mayhem...

mammak 10:06 15 Jun 06

josie mayhem thanks that is mabye what has happened with mine as I do clean my screen reguarly so mabye unawares fixed the dead pixel,
am of to read properly the link that Crossbow7 gave me and will get back thanks again to you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced