a dead pixel...?

SpyMan {:o){--< 19:34 18 Apr 06

I just received a Viewsonic TFT monitor...

now, the first one i got was a few weeks ago and was dead on arrival...so i was dubious about getting from same company and same brand of monitor, but i did anyway.

...so a replaceement arrives and i notice this bright green dot on the middle of the screen...in fact my eyes are drawn to it because it is that noticeable..

Now i am aware of the standard regarding TFT monitors...but i am not sure if i can put up with this green light staring at me. Is this a dead pixel or something else? I use TFT's at work all day and my girlfriend has one too...but i have never noticed the green light on any of them.. Please advise..

Thanks ahead..

VoG II 20:23 18 Apr 06

You could try massaging it gently with a cotton bud.

hzhzhz 20:27 18 Apr 06

A cluster of 'always on sub pixels'. How big is it . A pin head or a 2p?.

Totally-braindead 20:31 18 Apr 06

I would try VoG™s suggestion, first given to me by the Forum Editor. I had a red pixel upper right. Did it and it disappeared and now 6 or 7 months later its still ok.

SG Atlantis® 20:44 18 Apr 06

it's stuck not dead.

click here

extract this video and play it.

SG Atlantis® 20:46 18 Apr 06

click here 's where it's from.

Might just work

SpyMan {:o){--< 22:20 18 Apr 06

It is a green pin-head size light...

Thanks for suggestions...tried the massage...tried the download mpeg 4 but unfortunately both failed.

Am i being too fussy and should learn to live with it or send it back?

SG Atlantis® 06:26 19 Apr 06

send it back

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…