Dead pixel

video 10:49 16 Feb 04

Hi

I've got a 15 in. Flat Panel (TFT) Monitor since last November. It came from Aldi and is a carbon copy of the AOC LM 520A.

It came with 1 dead pixel (red, top of bottom third of the screen) and I was wondering what the general consensus was from a manufacturer's point of view?

Cheers all

Apple

Rennaissance 10:53 16 Feb 04

i think one dead pixel doesn't deem it faulty. A recent thread which i cant find at the moment has spoke of this matter. Maybe about 5 dead pixels you can have it for repairs. Sorry i don't know much about this. Will try and find the thread for you.

video 10:54 16 Feb 04

That's quick

I couldn't find much info, thanks in advance for the link if you can find it

Rennaissance 10:58 16 Feb 04

sorry video, cant find the thread. You could try a search and see if you can find anything on dead pixels. There is bound to be something.

video 10:59 16 Feb 04

Will have a look

Cheerio

this prob dealt with last year in PCA manufacturers cannot guarantee TFTs with no dead pixels If memory serves me correct 10 dead in a small area would indicate a replacement but odd dead pixels scattered indiscriminately would not be deemed faulty

video 11:49 16 Feb 04

Mmmmh

I now think that I have a faulty sub-pixel since it is red.

I assumed there wasn't much I could do but it doesn't bother me I was just being curious.

Thanks all

SEASHANTY 15:39 16 Feb 04

Dead pixels previous thread
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…