dead pc

chippy+ 28 Feb 12

hi i was given a pc which had been working but has not been used for 3 years now dead i have tried a new power unit but there is no sign o life i have still to try new battery any ideas thanks chippy

ps asrock dual core dual chanel pc thanks Chippy

ronalddonald 29 Feb 12

a little common sense make and model and Operating system

KRONOS the First 29 Feb 12

Lack of any detail is quite stunning in a help forum.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

onthelimit1 29 Feb 12

For any make and model that's been unused and not disturbed for 3 yrs, if there's no sign of life AT ALL after fitting a new PCU, the most likely fault is a duff mobo

lotvic 29 Feb 12

which if any of these asrock motherboards is it? As at the moment it is not booting to POST or showing any signs of life on the motherboard the operating system and harddrive is immaterial.

I suggest you strip it down so that only motherboard, keyboard, mouse and monitor is connected and then attempt to get some sign of life. Is there no light on motherboard that will show it is getting power?

johndrew 29 Feb 12

As at the moment it is not booting to POST or showing any signs of life on the motherboard the operating system and harddrive is immaterial.

Could also be a dead CPU or bad contacts (dare I say corrosion) at the pins.

buteman 29 Feb 12

Would it still work if the CMOS battery was flat.Shows you what I know not a lot. bad fuse.Rocker switch at the back set to off.

chippy+ 01 Mar 12

hi sorry about the delay in replying i cleaned and brushed out the pc with compressed air and then changed the battery also oil on the processor fan resulled works thanks chippy

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message