Dead PC

jo_1975 09:32 15 Nov 08

Last week I connected my pc to LCD 32inch tv. It was working fine for a couple of hours then the pc just switch off and rebooted. It then got to the login screen then would reboot again, this happened a few time until I switch the pc off and left it for 24 hours. I switched the pc on and it would only go as far as the login page then reboot again.

I have since cleaned the fan as it was quite ditry but now the pc will not start at all. When I turn the tower on it makes no beeping sound but the fan is now quite noisy, the harddrive light and power light is showing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lofty29 09:49 15 Nov 08

do you mean the case fan or cpu cooler, hope you took the proper precautions when cleaning otherwise you could have nackered the cpu or motherboard

iqs 10:02 15 Nov 08

check all connections to the MB and components,you could have knocked one while cleaning

jo_1975 10:05 15 Nov 08

It was the cpu fan I cleaned. I unscrewed the fan from the silver base, cleaned the fax with a brush then replaced. I keeped it connected while I done this. I did not disconnect or touch any other part of the motherboard.

I have also check all the other connections to make sure they have not dislodged.

iqs 12:31 15 Nov 08

switching off and rebooting could be signs of a PC overheating or a PSU on its way out .A CPU gets hot very quickly.

You say the PC will not boot,disconnect the HDD IDE or SATA cable and see if the BIOS/POST screens appear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now