Dead Laptop Hope?

User-1439057 19:10 09 Apr 10

I've had a HP 6735 laptop for over a year, I was using it for a few hours everyday,

Overtime the cable became frayed near the laptop port and signs used to flash up that the AC was not providing the right output, then partly because I am lazy and also because I was waiting to a replacement charger I continued to use the frayed and sparking charger.

When I then used my friends charger, who has a similar laptop the battery would completely cut out without warning, not immediately but after some time, when I took the AC away to run the battery by itself.

Then one day when using the frayed charger, my laptop overheated starting up (the fan was going crazy) and something made a loud 'Click' noise, then after it has ceased to boot or even show any LEDs around the AC port.
The new charger does not start it.

What is wrong with my laptop? I'm really worried about it being dead completely, I'm hoping that it's possibly it would be able to be fixed.
Could someone please give a theory of what needs to be fixed and how much it might be?

Thanks very much.

cream. 20:46 09 Apr 10

take out the battery and press the power on button for 30 seconds. Reconnect and try to start it.

If no go. Take out charger and battery again. Then unclip the ram ( memory ) and check the black chips for any pin holes or smoke damage. If you have 2 sticks of ram, try one at a time.

If no go. Disconnect the hard drive and try.

Still nothing, put it a way for a week or two. It is surprising how many spring back to life after they have been left for a while.

ronalddonald 18:48 11 Apr 10

Hey sparky truth is the way u have described, it may be DEAD 4 good ie the sparks gone from its life unlesss you take it to a computer repair shop to see if they can diagnose the problem, might be costly to get fixed since ts a laptop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…