Dead dell Inspiron 10

iqs 12:49 PM 11 May 12

Hi, A dell Inspiron note book mini 10 that's not charging .i have bought a new battery,and tried another charger,still dead. Has the dell gone to silicon heaven ?, or is there a chance ? Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:26 PM 11 May 12

Assuming its working on mains?

Laptop Battery not showing Charging 1. Turn off the computer, 2. Take the battery out 3. Take out the power supply 4. Push the power button down for 30 seconds. 5. Reconnect power supply 6. Then the battery. Should now show 100% charged. This is because sometimes the mother board gets static and this clears it and the reason it showed not charging was because it was fully charged.

iqs 17:47 PM 11 May 12

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\ Thank you for the advice will give it a go,many thanks

iqs 06:49 AM 13 May 12

Hi, Followed the above ,still dead. Thanks again

birdface 08:38 AM 13 May 12

Follow instructions again but when it comes to connecting the battery again don't.Just use the power supply and see if it will run without the battery.

iqs 08:06 AM 18 May 12

Hi, Did as you suggested ,still dead ,thanks

birdface 10:24 AM 18 May 12

Just much of the same.I use Fruit Bat /\0/\'s method with a few laptops and it usually works,Tried it on my grandaughters laptop and it would not work so tried again and after removing the battery and power supply hold on to a radiator and press the start button for 1 minute Put the power supply on again without the battery hold the radiator once more and press the start button,it worked for me a couple of times so worth another try.

I suppose it is over a year old and out of warranty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016