Dead AMD processor?

nelliehob 10:28 24 Nov 03

I not sure, but I suspect that my processor has died. I have a machine with an AMD xp2000 processor and when I try to boot up only the fans come on and nowt else. I tried the video card in another machine and its working and I tried the processor in another machine and it did nothing. Is the processor dead?

Gongoozler 10:44 24 Nov 03

Hi nelliehob. It certainly sound like the processor is dead! Fortunately an XP2000 is not too expensive (depending on what you call expensive). You can get one for £46.99 inc VAT from Ebuyer click here, but as a dead processor is often the result of a dying heatsink fan, you might be better to get the retail package for £58.05 inc VAT, and this has a 3 year warranty and heatsink included click here

nelliehob 11:14 24 Nov 03

Thanks for that gongooer, at least the price of the processors not too dear.

tenplus1 12:03 24 Nov 03

It's hibernating for the winter...

bananaslik 16:56 24 Nov 03

Hi nelliehob this might to be a silly response but if the screen is totally dead (ie no lights)check the fuse in the monitor power supply.The reason i am telling you this is because i recently built a new pc & went to power up,nothing at all happened.the monitor & tower were dead.After hours of messing about both power supply cables had blown fuses in them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…