Dead AMD processor?

nelliehob 10:28 24 Nov 03

I not sure, but I suspect that my processor has died. I have a machine with an AMD xp2000 processor and when I try to boot up only the fans come on and nowt else. I tried the video card in another machine and its working and I tried the processor in another machine and it did nothing. Is the processor dead?

Gongoozler 10:44 24 Nov 03

Hi nelliehob. It certainly sound like the processor is dead! Fortunately an XP2000 is not too expensive (depending on what you call expensive). You can get one for £46.99 inc VAT from Ebuyer click here, but as a dead processor is often the result of a dying heatsink fan, you might be better to get the retail package for £58.05 inc VAT, and this has a 3 year warranty and heatsink included click here

nelliehob 11:14 24 Nov 03

Thanks for that gongooer, at least the price of the processors not too dear.

tenplus1 12:03 24 Nov 03

It's hibernating for the winter...

bananaslik 16:56 24 Nov 03

Hi nelliehob this might to be a silly response but if the screen is totally dead (ie no lights)check the fuse in the monitor power supply.The reason i am telling you this is because i recently built a new pc & went to power up,nothing at all happened.the monitor & tower were dead.After hours of messing about both power supply cables had blown fuses in them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…