Deactivate Windows XP?

barnettgs 14:19 05 Feb 05

I have a couple of computers with Windows XP Home edition, being replaced by Full version of Windows XP Pro with new product codes at Community Centre.

Therefore, I have now two unused exisiting Windows XP Home edition with product code and they are not being used anymore on these two computer but can they be deactivated so that I can install them on other computers running old version of Windows 98?

Thanks in advance

Noelg23 14:32 05 Feb 05

well there is a effect you have deactivated them by uninstalling them in the first just install them into these PCs and you should be ok unless someone else can say any different...

FelixTCat 14:53 05 Feb 05

You will have to reactivate them after installation by phoning Microsoft and convincing them that you are not simply installing a second copy.

If they were OEM versions supplied with the computers, it is possible that they were "locked" to the original hardware by the supplier.

barnettgs 15:01 05 Feb 05

Right, they are OEM so look like I will have to call Microsoft and see what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…