De-personilizing laptop

alexgray104 00:14 06 Nov 05

Good evening everybody. I am in the middle of de-personilizing my laptop ready to sell to one of my relatives. I've done all the basic stuff like backup then delete my docs, clear tolbar history and generally declutter etc, but there are a few things niggling me. Most of the applications are registered in my name - obviously i'd like to change this. Is there a way of changing the registry maybe to change the name without having to uninstall then reinstall it all again? Thanks in advance for your much appreciated help

Skills 00:25 06 Nov 05

Am not to sure but prehaps if you list the names of the apps someone who uses them will know where that info is held in the registry.

I imagine most of it would be in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then software key but be extra careful in the registry as you can really mess up your PC, make a backup first at least a system restore point.

alexgray104 00:32 06 Nov 05

As asked for, if anybody knows how to change the registered user for the following apps I'd be eternally grateful :)
1. MS word, powerpoint and excel
2. MS works
3. Norton Antivirus 2005
Cheers

alexgray104 00:54 06 Nov 05

Anybody??...

Skills 01:02 06 Nov 05

OK I just has a look for office reg details in the registry although I found the key called registration under

hkey_local_machine | software | microsoft | office | then 10.0 (office XP) | registration

I could not see any registered user key. This may be present on different versions of office. Sorry not much help there.

I should imagine the works keys would be in microsoft then works or MS works and nortons keys would probably be held under the sysmantec corp key all in hkey_local_machine | software.

Chris the Ancien 12:06 06 Nov 05

Found this...

"Just open Word, Charlton. Hit Tools-Options and then the User Info tab.

Change it there. ;)"

On another web site.

No guarantees as I've not tried it!

CtA

alexgray104 14:25 06 Nov 05

Thanks CtA,soory Ididn't get back to you quicker

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…