de-fragging stops at 33%

sgtdibble 13:00 22 May 04

I have just tried to de-frag in safe mode and it got to 33% and stopped so I restarted and it did the same the only new programs since last de-frag are AVG and Zone Alarm I run Win98se any ideas please

VoG II 13:03 22 May 04

Try Diskeeper Lite click here

sgtdibble 13:11 22 May 04

Hi VoG I think i have that on a disk would that do or is it best to download?

VoG II 13:13 22 May 04

Disk should be fine.

Diskeeper is a lot better than Windows defragger.

sgtdibble 13:16 22 May 04

Thanks Vog I am off to find the the disk I'll tick resolved as I can download if if i don't find the disc Thanks again Tom >>>

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:19 22 May 04

This will sort you out...EndItAll....click here Run it and it will close down ALL unecessary programmes. You can turn them back on by a quick reboot.

G

mbp 13:26 22 May 04

sgtdibble, When you defrag, you should first close down all programs on you computer, including your anti-virus as you will be off line anyway. Your anti-virus or any spyware detecting programs will certainly interfere with your defrag software.

mbp 13:29 22 May 04

Use your Task Manager to close all programs. Or, Degrag in DOS.

sgtdibble 14:01 22 May 04

I have used diskeeper 7.0 off a disk and it defragged without going into safe mode thanks to GANDALF i have put enditall in my favourites for future use and thanks mbp your advice also noted I shall use these tips later Thanks to you all Tom>>>

mbp 14:34 22 May 04

Gandalf, there is no reference to XP! I suppose it is best to wait for the upgrade?

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:46 22 May 04

Enditall will work with XP...at least it does on mine;-)))

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…