DDR/RDRAM diff

David_Brent 22:16 01 Apr 03

Could someone please tell me the approximate values at which RDRAM performs similar to DDR. Do any of them have any distinct advantages?

Jody o-) 22:20 01 Apr 03

ddr is cheaper

powerless 22:26 01 Apr 03

DDR RAM is much cheaper than RDRAM.

The max speed of DDR is 400Mhz and RDRAM is 800Mhz (i think maybe faster)...

DDR and RDRAM can be used with Intel based computers.

RDARAM cannot be used with AMD powered machines. (dont quote me on that)

DDR RAM is fast enough for the home user.

You only need the RDRAM is your doing some powerful computing.

« Ravin » 22:38 01 Apr 03

actually i think that theoretically both ddr ram and rd ram run at nearly the same speed .. previously it was rd ram that was twice as fast as sd ram and since ddr is twice as fast as sd ram it works out to about the same as rd ram..

some one once posted a link with a lot of technical mumbo jumbo and the exact data transfer rates etc which proved the above.. i'll have to dig and see if i can find it..

« Ravin » 22:38 01 Apr 03

actually i think that theoretically both ddr ram and rd ram run at nearly the same speed .. previously it was rd ram that was twice as fast as sd ram and since ddr is twice as fast as sd ram it works out to about the same as rd ram..

some one once posted a link with a lot of technical mumbo jumbo and the exact data transfer rates etc which proved the above.. i'll have to dig and see if i can find it..

« Ravin » 22:40 01 Apr 03

oops dual post.. would you kindly delete one for me FE ? ;)

powerless 22:44 01 Apr 03

I think thats Dual - DRR

Different to DDR.

woodchip 22:50 01 Apr 03

RD is faster but you cannot compare as they entirely different DDR is lots cheaper

« Ravin » 22:50 01 Apr 03

i didn't quite get you there powerless...drr ?

ddr is double data rate..

never heard of drr..

DieSse 22:55 01 Apr 03

The facts, the whole facts and nothing but ......

click here

« Ravin » 23:02 01 Apr 03

have a look at the chart here click here and look at the bandwidth coloumn since thats the one that gives you an idea about the speed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…