DDR3 ram installing problems Gigabite H87M-D3H Motherboard

bteddi 12:59 21 Dec 14

Hello

I am not so happy about that I have to ask what the hell is wrong and why I cant install easy DDR3 ram sticks extra to the once I already have So I bought my PC 20 months ago and It is running great and Im happy with it. Exept the memory ram. So I check my DDR3 ram and motherboard what it supports. I have 2x duel channel one of them has black mushkin 1,5V (2x4GB) The store didnt sell those any more but they had the same ram chip from mushkin just called Silverline and only diffrence was the body of the ram. So to my problem I bought these 2x Silverline 4GB sticks I tested them they work I tested the blackline sticks I already have they still work. But when I try to start the PC with the sticks in the right place so both duel channel are in use. The Pc starts and fans go all on and normal boot. and then it kills the power. No idea why. And it does that in a loop. I have to kill the power or it will start like that and kill it self for hours. No bios screen no screen at all while this is going on.

So here is my pc

Windows 8,1 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670 CPU @ 3,40GHz 3,40GHz 3,40GHz 3,40GHz 8,00GB (7,88 GB usable) 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor Gigabite H87M-D3H motherboard SL700A Power Supply AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

If you know what can be wrong I would love to hear from you. and Yes I have checked if they are proper put it. I have set many RAM into slots in my life so this one is the first time I get into problem

LastChip 14:35 21 Dec 14

According to your motherboard manufacturer, the only supported Mushkin memory is part no. 995659 and they are 2GB modules. I don't know whether that infers no other modules will work or not. Even Crucial (which normally has a number of options), can only offer 4, but they are 4GB and 8GB modules. It therefore looks like, there is limited support by the motherboard manufacturer in this instance.

As with many dual channel systems, it is important where you install the modules and as they don't match each other, if you haven't already done so, try installing one matching pair in slots 1 and 2 and the other pair in 3 and 4. Note, the slots do not run consecutively. Facing the motherboard with the external connections to your left, from left to right the slots are: 4, 2, 3, 1. In other words, install a module, miss a slot and then install the matching one.

I don't know if that will help, but it's worth a try.

bteddi 22:32 21 Dec 14

OMG you are 100% right it does not support it strange I have 2x 4gb... looks like it has maxed it.

Now I got to sell the Mushkin all in all and get me diffrent type hehe Thx man

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac