DDR2 Vrs DDR3

noel_courtney 23:18 03 May 09

Hi,

I,m looking to build a but want to know if a MOBO that supports DDR3 can also support DDR2. I know the MOBO does not support i7?

Thx

ambra4 00:46 04 May 09

DDR3 Modules are not backwards compatible with DDR2 Modules

Inserting a DDR3 module into a DDR2 socket can damage the DIMM and/or the motherboard

DDR3 SDRAM is an improvement over its predecessor, DDR2 SDRAM.

The primary benefit of DDR3 is the ability to transfer twice the data rate of DDR2

DDR3 memory provides a reduction in power consumption of 30% compared to DDR2 modules

due to DDR3's 1.5V supply voltage, compared to DDR2's 1.8V

OTT_Buzzard 00:58 04 May 09

There are some mobo's that support DDR2 and DDR3 although they're not too common - check before you purchase.

The difference in pferformance between high end DDR2 and low end DDR3 is two parts of nothing so if you go for DDR3 then only go for the higher frequencies.

retep888 01:13 04 May 09

This mobo supports both ddr2 & ddr3 ram, worth a try click here

However if you want to get ddr3 ram for this mobo ,you have to get the 1.9V one such as this click here

Not all ddr3 rams are low voltage, only those for i7 are ,such as this one click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…