ddr2?

varley16 09:54 17 Oct 09

hi all, new to this site, i dont know a great deal about PC's. i have managed to build a new pc a while back, and now wanting to get some more memory.

i currently hae 2 sticks of 512mb pc667 (thats what the sticker says) i know want a 2gb ddr2 stick in there. i dont know what motherboard it is, as i have lost the box, sorry about the lack of information. is it possible to get a ddr2 stick in there? and is it worth putting two 2gb sticks in there?

thanks for any help.

setecio 10:54 17 Oct 09

You really need to know the motherboad to know the max RAM it can take and in what combinations.

ambra4 11:10 17 Oct 09

Go to Crucial and a scan of your computer it will tell you the type of memory required and the

max amount that your motherboard can take

click here

varley16 11:13 17 Oct 09

thanks ive looked at the board itself, and it says ms-7312 on it, i have searched this and come up with this.

click here+(K9MM-V)&click=true

reading through this, i can have a max of 1gb per slot, so i will have to get two 1gb sticks, am i correct in sayin this?

thanks for the help so far

varley16 11:18 17 Oct 09

i have scanned the pc now, i can have a max of 1gb per slot, thanks for help.

User-312386 11:28 17 Oct 09

Yes get 2 sticks of 1Gb, it apears you have a Micro ATX board and therefore only have 2 slots and the Maximum ram you can have is DDR 800 up to 2GB

Go for it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos