DDR Dual Channel

Bill 15:51 01 Oct 07

I have DDR Dual Channel enabled and am running XP Home on both channels.

There must be a way of going back to just one channel but I cannot find any of doing this. Can anyone out there please point me in the correct direction?

Bill

skidzy 16:30 01 Oct 07

I may have mistaken the question,but if not...your question makes little sense to me.

DDR Channel mode will be utilising your ram to the best possible,resulting in better performance,assuming the ram is compatible.

"I have DDR Dual Channel enabled and am running XP Home on both channels."

Your whole computer is running dual channel if the ram is installed correctly and compatible.

DJ-Garry 16:38 01 Oct 07

Bill, what is your understanding of duel channel and why do you think you want to run in single channel mode?

Bill 18:09 01 Oct 07

Hi! Skidzy and Supagaz,

Thanks for your replies. I think that I expressed myself very badly. What I should have said , is that I have installed XP twice on different drives, and would now like to delete one of them so that I am just left with XP on only one drive on the computer.

Bill

skidzy 19:03 01 Oct 07

Bill,easiest way if nothing else is on the drive is to format the drive.Just make sure you back up any data first.
Though just an idea,and all the correct drivers are loaded on the drive you wish to remove xp from.... save the drive as a spare,just in case your current drive fails you.

If you wish to delete/remove xp from the drive,make sure the drive is setup as a slave and format this from MY Computer.

Bill 00:06 02 Oct 07

Skidzy,

Many thanks, I really couldn't see any way except as you suggest, but thought that I may be missing a trick somewhere.

Bill

DJ-Garry 00:30 02 Oct 07

What you have in fact is a dual 'BOOT' machine, capable of booting into different or in your case same operating systems.

As skidzy says, a simple format of the drive will get rid of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…