DDK files for Samsung MP3 YP-U3 player

revmobile 15:10 04 Apr 08

Newly purchased Samsung mp3 yp-u3 player. I installed software but there is no icon to transfer files from pc to player. It is possible that I need a ddk file? My PC is an XP Home edition.

This is the message on a separate file which seems relevent.

In order to build this codec, you need the Windows98 DDK from Microsoft. It can also work
with the Windows2000/ME/XP/2003 DDK:

click here

Alternatively, the required headers are also available in CYGWIN+w32api, MINGW32 or Wine :

click here
click here
click here

If you do not have a ddk, you should be able to use the alternative msacmdrv.h provided
with this ACM codec. It is not used by default because it would probably broke any real
DDK already installed.

---------------

Define ENABLE_DECODING if you want to use the decoding (alpha state, doesn't decode at the
moment, so use it only if you plan to develop)

---------------
To release this codec you will need :
- lameACM.acm (result of the build process)
- lameACM.inf
- lame_acm.xml (where the initial configuration is stored)

This is too technical for me and I would be most grateful if some could give me a little help.

Thanks

Ditch999 15:26 04 Apr 08

This seems more like encoding software. If its just transferring files from your PC to the Samsung then as you have XP it should work just by plugging the device in to a USB port and opening My Computer and looking for a Removable disk.

revmobile 06:57 05 Apr 08

I think you are right. Although I have now downloaded updated software from Samsung and windows media player v11 and Directx version 9, I still cannot get the software to see the MP3 on the USB. The facilities for doing so are now on the software.

Have you any further ideas?

Many thanks

T0SH 09:08 05 Apr 08

An extract from the Samsung web site

"Best of all the YP-U3 is a Play-For-Sure device - there's no need to worry about using confusing proprietary software – just plug the device in and let Windows Media Player do the rest"

Try uninstalling all the software drivers ETC you have installed then unplug the device and use system restore back to a date before you got this device

then start over

Cheers HC

revmobile 10:13 05 Apr 08

Thanks

Deleted all known files. Bur how do I do a system restore?

Help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Ditch999 12:48 05 Apr 08

Try this first. Plug in the Samsung using USB and go Start > Control Panel > Add Hardware. Follow the wizard through to the end.

revmobile 14:34 05 Apr 08

Tried to follow the wizard thru but it wouldn't read the samsung installation disk in the drive

The saga continues

Regards

Ditch999 15:05 05 Apr 08

Thats the point. You do not need the Samsung installation disk. All the files you require are already on your hard drive. You just need to search for them via Start > Search

revmobile 06:51 06 Apr 08

Thanks to you all, success at last.

Much appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…