Ddhelp problem

Bantam007 19:40 27 Jan 05

I have recently started getting a problem usually after closing Internet Explorer with the following error message:

DDHELP caused an invalid page fault in
module unknown> at 0000:b00e9c12.

This is in Windows 98, I assume this is a component of Direct Draw, although I wouldn't have thought IE6 would be using it. The Ddhelp program has to be closed (I didn't even know it was running!), but I seem to be able to carry on without rebooting, although if I try to run a game immediately afterwards, the screen locks up and I have to reboot.

alan227 19:54 27 Jan 05

DDHELP is part of (Direct X ) have you tried downloading the latest version, if that does not work try updating your graphics card drivers.

JIM 19:58 27 Jan 05

Reinstall your video drivers latest version if any and download the latest DirectX files. That may solve your problem.

Take it you have no device conflicts in device manager.Also do a SFC check from the run command.

If still in trouble,

Open up Dr watson before you do you thing,with your system and it should give possible more information to go by.

Bantam007 20:21 27 Jan 05

Sorry Alan227 should have mentioned that I've got the latest (9.0c) version of DirectX installed. Graphics Drivers are Omega and they have stopped doing updated drivers for W98, I'll have to go back to ATI's own I guess.

VoG II 20:24 27 Jan 05

Ah! ATI click here

Bantam007 17:13 28 Jan 05

In my clumsy attempt to update my graphics card drivers, I succeeded in messing up my W98 OS to the point that it wouldn't boot up, bearing in mind that it is part of a dual boot arrangement with XP I thought I'd soon sort it out but... in attempting to get it to boot I wrecked my MBR and was locked out of both operating systems.

Having spent all day getting both systems up and running again my problem with Ddhelp seems a little insignificant now. Although I must say since the installation of ATI's own drivers it hasn't happened again. Mind you its only been up and running briefly, I'll give it a day or two and post back when I know if its cured.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…