dcrw

NIGEY 19:15 29 Mar 03

hi yawl,
can anyone shred any light on a bit of a prob im gettin, after upgrading from w98se to xp i kept the same old cdrw that came with the comp from new but the prob is it dont seem to see the blank cd in the tray... yet if i try to write to a blank disc from windows media player it writes to it no probs... ive tried nero (compatable with xp but it still tells me to insert blank media when its in there??? im runnin wxp home and an xp1800amd athlon with 120gbhd and nvidia-tnt gforce 4 128ddr graphics card everything else runs fine and dandy even the dvdrom i carried over from w98 xp just got them workin all on its own any pointers would be appreiciated oh the cdrw is a nec but even in device manager it dont knoe the manafacturer but windows media will convert mp3's to wav and write to it thanx all in advance nigey
:-((((

PA28 19:30 29 Mar 03

Try removing it in Device Manager and getting it redetected when the computer reboots. Otherwise it doesn't sound like you've got too many problems except the full stop key on your keyboard doesn't seem to be working! :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…