DCOM Error in Event log

Tenacious Green 22:02 26 Sep 04

I have noticed over past 5-7 days a DCOM error 10010 in the event log at least once a day. It generally appears to occur whilst connected to the internet I cannot narrow it down any further to see what program it is coming from. The Microsoft website suggests windows messenger the problem but it is working fine. I am up to date on all updates using XP home. Firstly do i need to worry as I see actual physical fault with PC and can anyone tell how to gat rid. I have seen the registry fix suggest on fault page on Microsoft but I am not confident changing any registry settings. In addition the fault does not make sense to me. Here is the fault dianostic from Microsoft:
"The Component Object Model (COM) infrastructure tried to start the named server; however, the server did not reply within the required timeout period. There might be a deadlock, or the program might not have responded to the server initialization code within the timeout period of two minutes."
Any Ideas would be gratefully received.

Eargasm 23:06 26 Sep 04

I had the same problem,have a look at click here it should give you all the info you need.

Tenacious Green 08:52 27 Sep 04

Thanks, but is there any solution other than turning off DCOM as Microsoft dont recommend it and I dont want to cause other problems. I've also noticed this same error on a works internet computer but not as regular as mine and now not for two weeks, but again it seems impossible to isolate what is actually causing the erro but because it is apparantly random, not associated with any particular action or application. Any other answers or suggestions?

Tenacious Green 08:54 27 Sep 04

Thanks, but is there any solution other than turning off DCOM as Microsoft dont recommend it and I dont want to cause other problems. I've also noticed this same error on a works internet computer but not as regular as mine and now not for two weeks, but again it seems impossible to isolate what is actually causing the erro but because it is apparantly random, not associated with any particular action or application. Any other answers or suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…