DCOM error 1084

Mick54 08:19 14 Aug 08

Hello ppl, I have googled this eror but it seems rather a difficult problem. I have p4 cpu 2.4Ghz, XP Pro sp2, 768Mb Ram, 80Gb H\d. I right click my document folder on desktop and it opens. I right click my video folder and it opens but if I try to access any file the window freezes, task manager says not responding. Sometimes the video folder opens and immediately closes and my desktop resets. Had a look in event log and got this, DCOM error %1084, attempting to start service event with arguments"" in order to run the server:{ 1BEF.766-5536-11d1-b-726-00c04fb926af. Someone else had same problem but got no replies. From what I can gather it is a problem with registry and shell command. Can you crack it please. Manx Thanx Mick.

Technotiger 08:25 14 Aug 08

Try running click here in its default set-up, then restart your computer.

Mick54 08:42 14 Aug 08

Sorry I forgot to mention I did run Ccleaner and it made no difference. I did run Reg cure that supposedly found 492 errors when Ccleaner did not find any. I have to buy the full product if I want it to clean my pc though. Why did reg cure find 492 errors when Ccleaner did not? Many Thanx Mick.

Technotiger 08:50 14 Aug 08

Hmm, just an everyday ploy to get you to buy their product. I once tried one such program, it found 2000 plus so-called errors, so I asked myself 'how come my PC is still running so sweetly?' I did not buy the product.

Sorry Ccleaner did not help.

I am afraid I am not knowledgeable enough to manually delve into the Registry.

Mick54 10:10 14 Aug 08

Thanx for your help, I knew this was going to be tricky. Mick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5