DC58 Error Message at Start Up

Newuser4051 10:06 01 Apr 03

I am suddenly getting a message @DC58 is a Windows System Folder and cannot be deleted.@ I also get this when I empty the Recycle Ben, but there is no such folder in the Bin !!
How do I get rid of it, please?
Old Navy Pilot

MAJ 10:49 01 Apr 03

It's not a folder I recognise, Newuser4051, what's inside it (if you can find it) and what version of Windows are you using.

As an aside....... if you meant to type:

"DC58 is a Windows System Folder and cannot be deleted."

Instead of:

@DC58 is a Windows System Folder and cannot be deleted.@

I suggest you reset your language settings to English(UK), you have them on English(US).

Newuser4051 11:09 01 Apr 03

Sorry about the 'English Version' now corrected. Another mysterious change. I am using Windowa 98SE.
Old Navy Pilot

MAJ 11:31 01 Apr 03

Checking my Win98SE installation now for that folder, Newuser4051. The first thing I would do is a virus check, just in case something has installed itself in your System folder. If you don't have anti-virus software you can download some if you click here Do a search of your hard drive from Start > Find > Files and Folders, see if you can locate the folder and see what's inside. You might need to go to My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View tab and click on the "Show hidden files and folders" radio button.

My search has finished and I didn't find a DC58 folder in Win98SE, Newuser4051, it might be something you installed yourself, a game or a program, that's why if we could find out what it contains, it might help in finding out what it was.

Newuser4051 12:31 01 Apr 03

I run AVG and no virus.No DC58 folder found in Windows System, so I ran Regedit and found various items under Windows Explorer and elsewhere.Must have been a download that I deleted as unwanted? I backed up and then deleted the references. All OK.
Many Thanks.
Old Navy Pilot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…