dbx files in win XP home

rsturbo 23:15 28 Jan 03

i have backed up some old dbx files in win ME and wish to transfer them to oe6 in win XP home is this possible? i have tried pasting the files into the correct folder in xp but they do not show up in oe6 (i have restarted windows prior to opening oe6)

thanks for any help

if i can't do it this way is there a way of reading the content of these dbx files without using oe?

johnem 23:26 28 Jan 03

rsturbo, Presumably these dbx files are from your earlier version of OE. I think you may have to import these files as opposed to just pasting them. Go to OE6 and click on file, select import and select messages, there should be a menu. Well at least there is in OE5.5, give it a try.

temp003 05:01 29 Jan 03

If the file extension is dbx, then it should be at least OE5, which should work with OE6. Your method should work. But so will johnem's.

The problem may be, if you have copied the old .dbx files to a CD, then transferred to the relevant folder in XP, you need to remove the Read-Only attribute of those files. Right click the dbx files, Properties, untick Read-only, click OK. Then open OE to see if it works.

User-312386 08:46 29 Jan 03

as temp003 says but remember to NOT have outlook express running, i have answered a thread on how to access the .dbx files in outlook expressclick here

Also remember to either rename the inbox.dbx file to say inbox1.dbx and then cut and paste the new one (inbox.dbx) into the same folder

madboy33

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…