dbx files Internet Explorer

porridge 18:14 06 Jun 03

Somewhere I read that e-mails in IE get put away as dbx files when one deleted them. I may be quite wrong about this but I have searched for dbx files on my system and vcannot find any. I seem to recall someone sayoimng that these files take up a lot of space too. Can anyone elucidate for me please? Thank you.

spikeychris 18:17 06 Jun 03

You need to unhide files and folders first then run a search for *dbx

spikeychris 18:19 06 Jun 03

Double click my computer, click tools at top of screen, click folder options click view and tick show hidden files and folders..

Roland Butter 18:23 06 Jun 03

DBX files are in Outlook Express. Got to Windows> Application data> Identities> Microsoft> Outlook express. Space take up, well I guess that depends on how many messages you have there.
Tell me I'm wrong someone........

spikeychris 18:25 06 Jun 03

Yep there OU..

porridge 09:19 07 Jun 03

Thank you Spikey Chris. The show hidden files and folders box was already ticked, so why I couldn't get the dbx files to show up Lord knows.

Roland Butter: thank you too. I did as you suggested and at the end of that exercise I had a screen with all the dbx files under the Outlook Express headings. When I tried opening one however I was stymied again as I got a message telling me that the file "programfiles.exe"could not be found. I tried my W98SE CD Rom but that too came up blank as far as that file goes.

My problem now is should I try to delete these dbx files since as far as I am aware they are reserve copies as it were. I am afraid to though just in case they are not and I would be deleting all my current in files and so called deleted ones.

Any more suggestions?

Many thanks to both of you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…