.dbx files

isititis 00:38 15 Feb 11

Morning all, I have a disc with numerous .dbx files on it. These were taken from an old Win xp computer that has Outlook Express 6 on it. The files are for a computer that is running Win 7 Home Premium and has Windows Live Mail, which I don't like.
With the files on the disc, How can I get them onto my pc in place of WLM. I have dowloaded, installed and opened WLM, but can't find the 'File' 'Import' or 'Messages' to install OE6.
All help appreciated. I'm going to bed now.

isititis 10:03 15 Feb 11

Thank you for your response and the details of
what to do. With WLM open and the Alt key pressed
I get a series of numbers in the top left-hand corner (1-4) and the leters F.H.O.V.S. When the letter M is pressed they all disappear. Going through the numbers and letters, noe of them leads to resolving the problem. Any more suggestions please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:22 15 Feb 11
  isititis 17:50 15 Feb 11

Thank you for the link, but I have problems when WLM has been opened. There is no 'File' to click on as the link says that this is what I need to do. This is a pc that has been put in a shop for upgrading from WinXP Home to Win 7 Home Premium.

Sea Urchin 18:05 15 Feb 11

The numbers and letters you describe appear on WLM 2011 when you hold down the Alt key on its own. Try pressing Alt and at the same time press F. This should give you the File menu.

isititis 19:42 15 Feb 11

Thanks, but that didn't work either. There is no 'File' or 'Tools' that I can see and I'm thinking I've made an error upgrading to Win 7.

johnnyrocker 20:43 15 Feb 11

in W7?

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…