* dbx files

porridge 13:57 18 Nov 05

I have the feeling that there are hundreds of these files taking up space and slowing things down. Can I delete them with impunity or is that perhaps a dangerous thing to do. Can that make a problem for the various files in. out. deleted in Outlook Express? I do not want to lose those ones.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Porridge.

ventanas 14:04 18 Nov 05
  GroupFC 14:12 18 Nov 05

Why do you think there are hundreds? If you are talking about OE's .dbx files as far as I know there should only be one .dbx file for each folder that you have in OE (e.g. Inbox.dbx, drafts.dbx etc.)

porridge 14:26 18 Nov 05

Thanks Ventana will consider that.

Group FC: you've lost me there. If I "search" for dbx files I get literally hundreds on screen..at least I think so. All I would like to know is if I can delete them?

Cheers,

Porridge

GroupFC 14:43 18 Nov 05

I am afraid you have lost me - I have no idea why that should be!! Before I posted I too searched for .dbx files and all I found were the ones I posted about!

When you search it should give you the path to the file (you might need to select view>details in the search window) and this might give you a clue what to do with them. It might also give us more of a clue if you posted details of the path of a few of them!

I am rapidly coming to the limit of my knowledge on this one, so hopefully somebody else might jump in.

porridge 15:03 18 Nov 05

Group FC
I finally found the dbx files I was looking for and deleted them. They are still in the waste paper basket, but as far as I can see my current files are okay. Thank you for your input.

Porridge.

GroupFC 15:08 18 Nov 05

Glad you were able to get it sorted - don't forget to tick resolved if you are happy that it is!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant