dazzle video creator platinum

conrail 12:57 15 Nov 09

first sorry if posting in wrong place, wasn't sure which option, using vista home premium 64 bit, 4gb ram 450gb hd with dazzle video creator platinum linked up to an vcr, no problem capturing video but the files are saved as VIDEO_TS.BUP, TS.IFO and TS.VOB files how do I save as files to be able to play DVD on DVD player? I understand they need to be wmp files? I have two burning programs,cyberlink DVD suite delux and ashampoo burning studio 9,both tell me there is an error with the TS.BUP and TS.IFO files, have looked onto pinnacle site but not got anywhere, all help gratefully accepted

Les28 22:50 15 Nov 09

Have a look a the dvd video file structure here

click here

The numbered VOB files are your video and audio, if you double click on one of the numbered VOB files that section of the video should play on your pc in whatever application plays dvd video disks on your pc.

I'm not familiar with Cyberlink DVD suite deluxe but I'm guessing somewhere in it, maybe authoring or video creation or video editing you should be able to import your numbered VOB's only and create a new video dvd disk from them. The new video dvd disk will include new IFO and BUP reference files that relate to the structure of the new DVD disk you will create, the dvd disk creation software will create these files automatically as part of the video dvd disk making process.

I'd try importing the numbered VOB files only, not the Video TS_VOB, or the IFO or BUP's and see what happens then.
As you can see a dvd is composed of vob, ifo and bup files, Windows Media Video files are not part of a normal DVD video disk.

conrail 09:42 25 Nov 09

sorry about the delay in replying Les28, that has sorted it, many thanks, I appreciate your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…