DAZZLE DVC 80 / Please help

merritt 18:41 25 Feb 04

DAZZLE DVC Creator 80. : My machine/ p4 3gig Can anyone help me out with the above. I only bought it last Saturday and cant get it to work. I installed the software that came with it, registered on-line, connected the DVC 80, Clicked on capture and it said there was nothing connected. Checked with win xp and they said look up Pinnacle site. Went to Pinnacle site and looked around for a driver, found what I think might be the driver I want, clicked download, I was first asked to register ,filled in the blanks, clicked finish and it came back to me that the product was already registered , (it was me who registered it) So I looked up there help page and was told to put my Serial Number in block cap, did this and still no joy. And so the problem does on. Has anyone had a similar problem. I would be glad of your help.
Tony.

dogtrack 15:47 26 Feb 04

Not a lot of help, I know. But I tried the same product about 2 years ago and with the same result. I think the problem lay in the device recognition through the editing software...non existant. Most software for editing is geared up for firewire, rather than USB. In the end I cut my losses and installed a pci firewire card on my desktop. And inserted an adapter card into the type 2 slot on my laptop...i've never looked back since. If you are able to return the Dazzle device I would do so, if not, then you will have to bear the financial pain...try plan B as they say. Oh and a final word of warning, avoid Dazzle products at all costs. Go for Ulead in preference to Pinnacle...too buggy. Roxio Video Wave is ok too.

gatortail 16:26 26 Feb 04

The first time I tried that piece of crap was before they synched it to XP, having been assured by a salesman it would work--it didn't and I returned it. The second time was when it later came out as compatable with XP (said so on the box). I had the same problems as before plus some--returned it also for a refund. All of the forums I read had nothing but complaints. I have never read from anyone who got it to work.

I recently ordered a Ulead card, suggest you get a refund on the DVC 80 and do the same. From research I came to the conclusion that in order to do video work you cannot go the cheapest route. Good luck.
Gtail

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…