dax error please help its drivin me crazy

andrewhamish 06:52 08 Mar 05

every time i open a new filr or folder or internet page i get a error message saying DAX ERROR 05.mar.05 is an invalid date .how can i stop this error repeating its self a thousand times a day please please help

Diodorus Siculus 07:30 08 Mar 05

What operating system do you use?

IF win98 /2k/xp
Try the system file checker:

start

run

sfc

You will need your OS CD.

andrewhamish 07:42 08 Mar 05

I AM ON 98 BUT HAVE NO OS CD AS WHEN I UPGRADED ANOTHER WIN 98 WAS USED

andrewhamish 08:01 08 Mar 05

done as you said but sfc was aok no corrupt files i have tried changing my date settings as well with out success i am wondering if it may be linked to a virus i know i have a trojan on my system that will not be removed no matter what i do cheers for that

Diodorus Siculus 08:33 08 Mar 05

What trojan do you have?

Try stinger: McAfee Inc.
"McAfee AVERT Stinger

Stinger is a stand-alone utility used to detect and remove specific viruses. It is not a substitute for full anti-virus protection, but rather a tool to assist administrators and users when dealing with an infected system. Stinger utilizes next generation scan engine technology, including process scanning, digitally signed DAT files, and scan performance optimizations."
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…