Dawn of War 2 & Windows Live & Steam

allanon 15:56 20 Feb 09

I have just bought the above game, but when I tried to install this I had to also install steam and Windows Live Marketplace. I hate being forced to load software which I don't really want notwithstanding developers insistence. Anyway Windows Marketplace wouldn't load and it said that a hotfix was required for XP. I created a restore point and then installed the hotfix. I then tried to access the Marketplace to download my bonus content, which I was due as part of the pre-order offer with Game. However I can no longer send or receive any e-mails ??. I can still access the internet it just appears to have affected Outlook. Is anyone similarly affected?, does anyone know a way to fix this?. Steam appears to be working OK, notwithstanding the problems I had in the past with Half Life 2. In HL2 the game continually crashed and in the end I got so frustrared that I uninstalled the same and swore never to have anything to do with HL2 again. The game was binned.

crosstrainer 16:09 20 Feb 09

If the email issue has just started, and you are with Tiscali, the servers are down....If not then I can't see why STeam (although I agree with you about not using it) would cause your mail to stop working.

gazzaho 16:19 20 Feb 09

I was going to get this game today until I read the game forums, it put me right off buying it, after reading about different problem being experienced. I remember buying HL2 and the length of time it took to actually get the thing downloaded and running was atrocious, I never had any trouble with the actual running of the game however.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…