Daughters PC infected, help pls

Tango18 00:10 11 May 10

Seems daughter never had her PC protected it's on a wireless network with my laptop, which is protected by Avast, my laptop is fine. Her PC comes up with a 'security tool' message that says her PC is infected and won't let her do anything. Have tried a system restore but can't even get into that. Can it be done in safe mode?if yes how? then what do you recommend I do? TIA

Belatucadrus 00:41 11 May 10

Try the AVG rescue CD click here

rawprawn 08:16 11 May 10

Download click here onto your computer and update it. Copy the .exe file to a USB Pen Drive.
Boot your daughters computer in Safe Mode (To get into safe mode keep tapping f8 after turning the machine on) Insert the USB Pen drive and run Superantspyware.

natdoor 10:14 11 May 10

If this is the virus "Security Tool", I suggest that you follow the instructions at click here.

Tango18 07:35 13 May 10

Natdoor
Despite what I said, I was infected on IE, I always use firefox, which wasn't. Used your response to clear my laptop and gave her a disc with all the downloads on incl. AVAST anti-vius. Plus a print of the instructions for removing 'security tool'. As I've just come in from work she passed me and said it's resolved. Thanks all

Tango18 07:35 13 May 10

Natdoor
Despite what I said, I was infected on IE, I always use firefox, which wasn't. Used your response to clear my laptop and gave her a disc with all the downloads on incl. AVAST anti-vius. Plus a print of the instructions for removing 'security tool'. As I've just come in from work she passed me and said it's resolved. Thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5