up dated AVG problem

hooklink 16:01 04 Sep 05

I have just up dated my AVG prog, and in the windows security window it says that windows will not recognise all antivirus progs, I have had the old AVG on here for about two years, and it found that OK, so has any one got any Ideas as to why it can not see the new one thanks for any help...

johnnyrocker 16:19 04 Sep 05

have you got 6 or 7 free?

johnny.

hooklink 16:26 04 Sep 05

Hi thanks for the response, its proff 7 so not a free one.

johnnyrocker 16:28 04 Sep 05

what os and if xp do you have sp2?

johnny.

hooklink 16:34 04 Sep 05

yes its XP home and yes I do have sp2

johnnyrocker 16:38 04 Sep 05

has the problem ocurred since th install of sp2? is it actually stopping av functioning correctly or just a warning notice, dont know about pro but does it come with a firewall and might there be a conflict with sp2's own firewall? sorry about so many questions.

johnny.

hooklink 16:43 04 Sep 05

no not since the install of sp2 its been on there for ages,and no it does not have a firewall I use the one on the windows security centre.All I have done is to remove the old prog in add/remove, and then install the new one, with a new serial number.The old prog as I said was working just fine for nearly two years...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…