Date and time incorrect

New silver surfer 12:56 02 Mar 08

The date and time function has gone peculiar. I do not have the computer on every day, and now the date and time only seem to work whilst the computer is switched on. If I turn it off at 1.39 on the 3rd February, then when I next turn it on the date is still 3rd February, and the clock starts up again from 1.39. I have had the computer for 7 years. Is there an internal battery that might now be defunct? Could this be the reason the computer is not keeping the time right. I have adjusted the date and time, but they still freeze when the computer is turned off, and restart at the same point once it is switched on. Any ideas please?

peter99co 13:15 02 Mar 08

You need to have a new Button Cell put in to the Mother board. Mine only lasted 5 years

Pamy 13:15 02 Mar 08

would think that after 7years the BIOS battery may nead replacing, as this efects other things as well I would waight for futher advise

Pamy 13:16 02 Mar 08

or even waite for other advise

wee eddie 15:28 02 Mar 08

Search for "Replace CMOS Battery"

That should bring up several clips on how to do it. It's one of the simplest jobs one can do. While you're inside the PC it would probably be a good idea to give the dust a "Blow Out". A hair drier will do the trick.

New silver surfer 15:50 02 Mar 08

Thank you to Peter99co, Pammy and wee eddie. I think you have confirmed what I suspected. Will try and do this. Thanks for your help.

tullie 16:46 02 Mar 08

Try again lol

Pamy 17:34 02 Mar 08

tullie, you will have to w8

Pamy 17:42 02 Mar 08

PS. or stay in expectation and continue in patience.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017