date on the taskbar?

Superstylin 10:49 25 Apr 07

hi, i'm trying to find a way to keep the date on the task bar next to the time. i know it appears when you resize the task bar but i'd rather not have my taskbar double size. i know there are downloadable programs that can change it but i'd rather not clutter my comp with programs either! (unless it's a really small application) is there anything i can do with the registry?

oldbeefer2 11:01 25 Apr 07

You don't need to resize the taskbar, just hover the cursor over the time - the date will appear!

robbiepaul79 11:08 25 Apr 07

not sure if a program like this could help click here

Something ive not thought about before but would be nice if it did show now i think about it about of times ive had to hover over time to get the date

robbiepaul79 11:18 25 Apr 07

another possible program click here

or complicated stuff with registry click here?

Superstylin 13:18 25 Apr 07

hi oldbeefer, i really want the date on all the time so i can quickly glance at it and i'd rather have it on the taskbar rather than an application running on the desktop so i can see it while doing other things. fussy, i know!

i've tried to follow the instructions to change ther registry but get stuck because there doesn't appear to be an entry for the 'shell' that the instructions refer to (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell). i wonder if this is because i'm using a work computer and i don't have access to some parts of the registry?

Eric10 13:44 25 Apr 07

I have used TClockEx by Dale Nurden for a few years now and would not be without it. click here. It can be cutomised in various ways but click here to see how I have it set up.

tullie 13:51 25 Apr 07

Is it life threataning if you have to hover over it,and it shows immediately.Anyway is your choice.

Superstylin 13:51 25 Apr 07

eric that looks great, but are you able to access the calendar by double clicking as you normally could with the original set up? i've just download sarbyx, which is great apart from you can't do that. you can still get to it but it's more clicks

Superstylin 13:58 25 Apr 07

not life threatening in the slightest tullie, merely being fussy. thanks for your input though

Eric10 14:15 25 Apr 07

A single left click pops up a calendar or right-click and choose Adjust Date/Time for the windows date and time properties.

Superstylin 14:26 25 Apr 07

cheers eric, i think this serbyx one is pretty much the same actually so i'll stick with it. thanks for all your info guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5