date Problem

Fairytale 15:27 20 Feb 05

Running Windows XP Professional but the Month is wrong. In Adjust Time/Date the month pull down menue only shows 12 * 1 Each 1 obviously represents the name of the month and I have been able to set it to the correct date but Windows just cannot differentiate between all these 1s. Any subscription service, e.g. Norton just get plain confused. Saving files is of course a nightmare too as Windows doesn't know what date it is, so has reverted to date stamping everything in hours and minutes which is not very helpful at all 09:17 21 Feb 05

Could it be possible that Windows was installed using American English. This would result in the date format being different i.e month first followed by date.

Fairytale 16:19 21 Feb 05

Unfortunately that would have been too easy. I have not been able to find any reference to this problem in the knowledge base and my IT manager at work was out one day, looked at it and couldn't explain it either. All the months in the pull down list are number 1 not alphabetic as they should be

Curio 19:22 21 Feb 05

Running a System File Check, just in case

woodchip 19:25 21 Feb 05

You need to check Regional Settings First in Control Panel Then adjust the time date etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…