Date format in Word 97

kerses 16:40 25 Jan 05

I reset to the format I want every time I enter Date, and then click "Default" to use same in future, but it always returns to its original. Any ideas how to overcome this please?
kerses

Gongoozler 16:50 25 Jan 05

This could be the error in Word 97 described here: click here

"WORD97-0013: If TOOLS > AUTOCORRECT > AUTOTEXT > SHOW AUTOCOMPLETE TIP FOR AUTOTEXT AND DATES is enabled, then entering a date such as 28 September 1999 will cause AutoText to suggest 1999-09-28. Pressing RETURN will cause this suggestion to be inserted in the document. When typing a letter, it is very likely that a user will indeed press RETURN after entering the date. There doesn't appear to be any method of enabling the normal AutoText entries but not this date feature. Nor does there appear to be any method of specifying the date format. This feature does not appear to honour the date format specified in Control Panel's Regional Settings, nor the choice of default date format in Word's INSERT > DATE AND TIME option"

Djohn 16:54 25 Jan 05

Tool bar/Insert/Date & Time, choose the format and style of date you require and set as default. This is how its done in 2003, I think it will be the same for 97.

kerses 14:59 26 Jan 05

Many thanks to both Gongoozler and Djohn. Tried link from the first but no luck. The second is what I've been trying for ages again without success. Have since posting been convinced to update Word, which I shall do shortly. Hope that will solve the problem.
Thanks again
kerses

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…