Up to date downloads - FE?

The BB 18:46 17 Oct 05

Looking for toys for my new ipaq, and thought I'd look at the PCA downloads. Sadly, unlike the active forums, they seem to have fallen the way of many web pages and are several years out of date. Given the good 'cover discs' can the download site be updated, or links to 'safe' sites given?

The BB

(Before I get thumped I hope this is seen as a prompt for something thats been forgotten rather than a dig "given that its free anyway..." but, for example, a May 2000 version of Avast might cause problems for a newbie looking for it when suggested on the forums...)

Other sites that I can start a 'look here' with:
zdnet -dot- com
pcworld -dot- com

Mr Mistoffelees 18:50 17 Oct 05

I agree, the downloads do seem to be rather long in the tooth.

Skills 19:24 17 Oct 05

Yes I thought this when I was looking through them a while ago as well

Skills 19:26 17 Oct 05

To add to that wouldnt it be handy if you could point someone at the downloads section for links to programs such as AV, antispyware, firewalls, useful ultility programs you get the picture.

Klof Ron 19:28 17 Oct 05

click here loads of free stuff

DieSse 21:33 17 Oct 05

Personally I would suggest they don't bother to try - it's an onerous task, and there are many sites that do it much better. I stopped pointing to PCA downloads some time ago because of this.

Better to concentrate on the things they do well (this forum), and leave downloads to others.

ade.h 22:38 17 Oct 05

If all the old stuff was cleared out, PCA could start afresh with the contents of last month's cover disc. It would be much easier to manage then.

woodchip 22:48 17 Oct 05

I do think the Downloads was as a Result of members Posting them these was saved and created as a download Page. However as You say the Software will be getting out of date as most was using Win98se when this took place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…